Sunday, September 14, 2014

Aint Searching But Being Sought



Every day I received romantic messages in my inbox. Being educated, I return them politely.

At the end of the day, men ah men--this is what I whisper to myself.

Men who are seekers and refuse to be captured.

Oops, I do not mean to offend the male species but we read and see on different mediums the spread of unrequited love, infidelity and lies. All these define a romantic relationship when both couples promised to stay loyal.

But why do we all seek for fidelity? Why do we want loyalty?

I might not be speaking for the majority of women but I know I can speak for even a small part of my fellow women.

Defining loyalty unconventionally, let me put it in simple lines. It means his lips are exclusively mine, his breath I exclusively smell, and his arms are exclusively around me.

Simple but true. No need for semantics.

In the social media, liking someone is easy. If you are connected with her, you can message her and spill out your romantic words.

Her response can come in two: She will show she likes you too or she will tell you she is taken.

Politeness demands that I return messages or offer of friendships nicely. But when the need to state the boundary, I tell them I am not available.

Men on social sites do not care if you are in a relationship or not but not losing your cool inside the inbox is a mark of great professionalism.

To me, it is not flattering if you have to answer three or five messages a day.

For it is sad to reject someone but it has to be done.

So for ladies out there who are being sought but not seeking, keep smiling or let your special someone know what is happening.

The great success of any relationship lies in transparency.

Thank you for your time. Please feel free to leave your comments and I will get back to you.

No comments:

Empowered Women

Empowered Women