Thursday, May 7, 2009

ChiLDHooD..








I want to go back to my childhood
where I can be at peace with myself..
needing not to worry if errors fall on me..
for I still have the time to transform the whole of me..

I wish to be like a baby
when mom was alive
and she would cuddle me
I felt safe in the refuge
of her heart and arms..
she was my home
which fate took away..
but she shall live forever
no matter what will be..

I love childhood
where candies are sweet
to sooth a needing taste
unlike adulthood
where candies look sweet
on the outer layer
but the inside taste
the bitterness consumes..

However, no matter what
I must be thankful to God
he has gifted me with a sensitive heart
where I can feel the hurts
And I can heal the wounds
For I am just like you
I want a happy and meaningful life...

(Poem, "Childhood" by Bai Maleiha B. Candao)

No comments:

Empowered Women

Empowered Women