Saturday, March 21, 2009

I am your WITNESS

Do not run after my thoughts
For I shall be in yours
Not a moment
Shall I not be your witness
As a writer
I shall be in your world



Long before you
I saw some sufferings
Not a distant mile
Just a breath away from time
I was a witnessed
and I inked my pen..


My eyes witnessed faces
vary in color and shape
The soul hides in their dresses
The black is covered with red
As a writer
I inked my pen..



I have witnessed untold stories
that others choose to ignore..
As a writer
I exposed them..


A writer of the nights
A motivator of light
My words are small candles
to glow in the dark..


I am your witness
A writer of your life
Your constant companion
Though I am a stranger
Humanity is my subject
Life is my object..



We live connected
From a distance


For I am your....WITNESS..

2 comments:

Walt said...

Bless you my friend, indeed you are one of the angels I've been expecting.

‘Therefore, raise not your fist to the heavens, and curse the darkness not, but be a light unto the darkness.’ - Neale Donald Walsch (Conversations With God).

Bai Maleiha B. Candao said...

Wow, such a beautiful quote! I am a stubborn and an activist angel, Walt. A combination of sweetness but sour when fighting for my principles. Either way, I promise to be a sincere friend. Thanks Walt. You made me smile. :)

Empowered Women

Empowered Women