Monday, January 12, 2009

Shallow Graves

Tonight I shall write from the dust of the earth, for I saw a shallow grave before my very eyes. Questioning the truth why it persists to pain, I have no voice but a silent refrain of tears that must be told. My pen does not arise from abstraction but please indulge with me as I see no way to express my disdain.

Pardon my disconnection from my usual thought for tonight is a repose of my heart flowing with anger and hate..my tears gush without recession for the bleeding is right into my soul.

My energy is weakened by the sight of a dying mother in Palestine, seeing not the blood but the lost of life in the arms of a young boy who needs guidance. For once in the life of the dying mother, she celebrated life with her son..and the torment of leaving her spirit in the arms of her boy was an excruciating slap on the face of all women who have no other definition of life but only love for her family, her children, the most.

I am a mother and I bled in that sight. This mockery of life, this stupid war...why there must be? Shut up you warriors of greed, I will hear no more of your reasons for there is no credence in your every word.

2 comments:

Aihara Ramintessah Sanchez said...

Reading this stirred my emotion.Moving post!

Bai Maleiha B. Candao said...

My dear friend, I have a very soft heart for all mothers and all the victims of war. Thank you for being online and caring to let me know that we feel the same way for those poor people out there in Palestine and elsewhere in the world where strife is the medium of (in)humanity.

Empowered Women

Empowered Women