Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Gift



We love to receive gifts especially if it comes from someone who means the most to us. Daddy has always been the source of the most expensive material gifts I received. I do not accept gifts from people not unless I am closely attached with that person, male or female.

Nevertheless, let me divert from materialism and share this beautiful song that I love to sing. This hurts a lot for I miss my most loved cousin, Budz..we sing this song for each other.

The song is meant for lovers, but I and my late cousin, Budz, sang this out of our closeness and familial love for each other. He was like a real brother or a sister to me. He was gay but I loved him so much. I understood him better than anyone else and he would always live in my heart for he loved and respected me beyond words during his lifetime. I guess he was Allah's gift to me when he was alive for he was always there for me.

But it was his fate to die early. Physically he was gone but spiritually I know he is still around. Not as a ghost though..but his cousinly love will always be spiritually with me.


You ask me what I want.
You ask me what I need.
It's nothing you can buy.
My heart's not ruled by greed.
I don't love a diamond.
Diamond's you see through.
I want you to hold me.
I want you to be true.

Give me the gift of love.
Look me in the eyes.
Say I'm the one you're dreamin' of.
That'd be the best surprise.
Give me the gift of your sweet love
in the light of the day,
in the dark of night.

Like the colors of the sun,
the feelings in your heart.
It's all I want from you.
And when the sky is dark
I'll have you beside me.
Who could ask for more?
I'll just wear a smile
when you walk in the door.

Give me the gift of love.
Look me in the eyes.
Say I'm the one you're dreamin' of.
That'd be the best surprise.
Give me the gift of your sweet love
in the light of the day,
in the dark of night.

Give me the gift of love.
Look me in the eyes.
Say I'm the one you're dreamin' of.
That'd be the best surprise.
Give me the gift of your sweet love
in the light of the day,
in the dark of night.

Give me the gift of love.
Look me in the eyes.
Say I'm the one.
That'd be the best surprise.
Give me the gift of your sweet love
in the light of the day,
in the dark of night.
Always. Oooooh.

No comments:

Empowered Women

Empowered Women