Saturday, December 6, 2008

How to relax when stressed?



Stress is the number one cause of psychological and physiological imbalance. It elevates blood pressure, triggers asthma attack, causes stomach ulcer, skin rashes, dyspepsia and more. Being stressed out is unavoidable but you could lessen the bad effects it will have on your health if you try to relax whenever you are under pressure.

I always do this especially when I feel that my energy is being depleted by too much worrying. How? I do deep breathing exercises. Here is how:

1. Breathe in very deeply as if you feel you are filling your whole stomach as well as your lungs with air. Then count one,two and three. As you count, you lift your shoulders and straighten your waist.

2. Then sigh out--"haaaaaaaaahhh!" Make it a walloping sigh. At this point, your shoulders and waist drop and if you are standing, your knees should give a little.

3. Do all the above with your eyes shut.

Try this breathing exercises my friends for somehow it will help you hurdle stress in your daily life.

6 comments:

Raymond Teodo a.k.a. was_bedeutet_jemanden said...

I like the music you have placed for this post! How do you do that though? I can never work out how one does that......

Bai Maleiha B. Candao said...

Raymond my friend, I will post my reply in our flickr group site. :)

Jeunelle Foster said...

Nice tips
I breathe in fully from my stomach and bring the air all the way up through the middle of my head.
This helps to clear my perception also having a nice flow of air traveling thoughout the body is a good thing.
It clears your chakras, your spiritual houses and I am a big fan of spring cleaning.
If you have problems with matters of the heart, simply bring the air up to the heart region to help clear it and you may find some improvement.
You can do the same thing with any area of the your chakras.

Bai Maleiha B. Candao said...

You know..cleansing of body stress has to be on a daily basis if one is exposed to pressures...the purpose is strengthen our armor inside to prepare us for the next day...I believe that if we are internally fortified with pure and clean thoughts, the dirt outside will not matter much. Just being optimistic amidst truth about cruelty existing every minute of a day. :)

PinoyApache said...

I remove stress by writing...at least I need to have an outlet for my frustrations and problems. The soothing sounds of Toto will do as what I'm hearing right now.

Bai Maleiha B. Candao said...

I agree with you Jing..writing relieves me too from stress. It is my catharsis. Plus I lovee soulful music a lot. :)

Empowered Women

Empowered Women