Sunday, December 14, 2008

I respect myself



Should I be guilty of not returning the messages of possible suitors online?

Should I be guilty of being too private where my world is always closed?

But why should I open my door to anyone?


Why do I need to unveil my world if my heart says the truth? 

Do I need to be a lady in the night, holding wine in my hand and chatting with men who I just met a moment ago?

Those are not the actions of a decent woman.


For why is there a need to flirt to get attention for a passion that does not last? If secrets are to be shared, the deserving one will know for my time will be his.

But a wise life is not bet on hopes, but plans. Concrete and not imaginary dreams.

I am recluse but not outcast. Decency is the name. I choose but not unreachable. Propriety is the other name. I am a woman but I have a name and that is where I should be.

I am not confined just discerning. My personal side is private. My social part is not contained in hypocrisy. I am what I am. NO mask, no facade.

Take me or leave me. The choice is yours. It is free.

No comments:

Empowered Women

Empowered Women